If you are selected as a finalist, you will be expected to understand the following:
At the Pitch Competition you will be asked to make a verbal presentation to a panel of judges, be prepared for a Q&A and to submit a one-page summary of your idea.
You will be judged based on the following:
- Quality of your idea—innovative thinking and degree of forward planning
- Quality of your presentation—style, vision, capacity for audience engagement
- Your Summary —how concisely and effectively you have summarized your idea
Here’s how those categories will be scored:
Quality of Idea: Value Proposition, Innovation, Degree of Planning (60 points)
- Value Proposition (20 points)
- Degree of Innovation (20 points)
- Other Elements – Market, Finance, etc. (20 points)
Quality of Presentation: Style, Vision, Engagement (60 points)
- Audience Engagement (20 points)
- Communication of Plan (20 points)
- Overall Oral Presentation (20 points)
Quality of Summary: Effective, Concise, Well-Presented (60 points)
- Effective Summary (20 points)
- Quality of Language (20 points)
- Overall Written Presentation (20 points)
Technology including a laptop and projector will be available for your presentations. Please be sure your materials are PC compatible.
There is no dress code for the presentations, but we do encourage professionalism!